EU: Consumers support health warning labels - poll
Almost eight out of 10 European Union (EU) consumers (77%) support printing warnings on alcohol bottles and advertisements that warn pregnant women and drivers against drinking alcohol, a new Eurobarometer EU opinion poll has shown.
The poll will be used by EU health Commissioner Markos Kyprianou to press for a common EU approach to drinks labelling, although the Commission's alcohol strategy - published last October - shied away from aggressively pushing compulsory warnings.
The survey also showed 73% of EU citizens would back introducing lower blood alcohol levels for young and novice drivers of 0.2 g/l, and 80% said random alcohol testing by police would reduce drivers' alcohol consumption.
Two New York alcohol distributors have joined forces....
The European Parliament has backed away from recommending the introduction of a harmonised health warning on alcohol packaging throughout the EU even though its own health committee had urged such a s...
Systembolaget is looking to sell the properties which house its retail outlets in Sweden....
The Scottish government has unveiled plans to restrict retailers in the country in how they can merchandise alcohol in their stores....
Heineken, one of the six official sponsors of the Rugby World Cup 2007, has had to change its logo for the event to fit in with French controls on alcohol advertising....
Pernod Ricard has launched a campaign in the US to focus public attention on irresponsible alcohol consumption....
Altia Corporation has unveiled its new CEO....
Anheuser-Busch lobbied the federal government on US trade legislation to the tune of US$1.6m in the first six months of this year, according to public records....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts