CZECH: Consumers play their part in Budvar NPD
Czech brewer Budweiser Budvar is to launch a pale draught beer in the South Bohemia region of the country.
The state-owned brewer, whose future will soon be the subject of fresh talks within the Czech government, will unveil the Pardál brand on Thursday (1 March).
Beer drinkers were given the chance to shape the formulation of the 3.8% abv beer with tasting sessions with Budvar's management. "Many months of hard work, while we were fine-tuning the beer in compliance with the future consumers' comments, are behind the final flavour of Pardál," a spokesperson for Budvar said today (26 February).
Czech government ministers are set to hold talks on the idea of privatising state-run brewer Budejovicky Budvar. An official at the Czech Ministry of Agriculture, which oversees the brewer, told just-drinks on Friday (23 February) that it is too early to say when discussions will begin.
However, the official added: "First of all, the Government has to consider all the implications of an eventual privatisation, including the influence of the ongoing trademark dispute on it. Nevertheless, the discussion whether or not to privatise Budvar is already on the desk."
Beer production in the Czech Republic hit a record high in the first half of this year, according to recent figures....
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year....
Budejovicky Budvar has sold 11% more beer in H1 than last year, according to reports....
Anheuser-Busch has claimed victory over Budejovicky Budvar in 12 European trademark decisions. The Czech-based brewer, however, has moved to play down the ruling, claiming it is "not a threat" to its ...
Czech brewing company Budejovicky Budvar is considering plans to distribute Carlsberg beer in the Czech Republic....
Anheuser-Busch says it has come out on top in the latest two rounds of its trademark row with Budejovicky Budvar....
Budejovicky Budvar has claimed victory in the latest twist in its long-running trademark battle with Anheuser-Busch....
The Czech Prime Minister is to visit state-owned brewer Budejovicky Budvar on Friday (6 April) to hold talks on the company's future, just-drinks understands....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World