AUSTRALIA: Consumers choose region over price or brand name
The region of origin of a wine, not the brand or price, is the most important factor in the buying decision of Australian consumers, according to research published by the University of South Australia. A study conducted by the University's wine marketing research group, and published in the Australian & New Zealand Wine Industry Journal, found that of 300 Australian wine consumers interviewed, 29% said that the name of an established region was the most preferred attribute when purchasing wine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea
- Bacardi buys Banks rum