UK: 'Consumer-facing' London Wine Week launched
London Wine Week: 2-8 June, 2014
Organisers of the London Wine Fair (LWF) are launching a new consumer event next year – London Wine Week – to coincide with the re-focussed trade show.
The new event, being co-organised by diffordsguide, the team behind London Cocktail Week, will run from 2-8 June. London Wine Week will follow a “similar model” to the cocktail initiative, with up to 150 of the English capital's restaurants, bars and wine merchants expected to host celebrations.
Organisers are hoping for around 10,000 participants for the week.
Ross Carter, LWF's show director, said the new event is “about taking a fun and engaging approach to tasting and drinking wine”.
He added: “We believe that a central London trade event supported by a consumer-facing festival, is a great way for the trade to make the most of a week when winemakers from all over the world descend on the city."
In May, Brintex, organisers of the London International Wine Fair, confirmed that for 2014 it was re-launching the show with a change of name and a new venue.
For details on getting involved in London Wine Week, email: email@example.com
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends