US: Consumer ad campaign for Modelo Especial
The Mexican beer brand Modelo Especial is to be given its first general consumer advertising campaign in the US, Crown Imports has announced.
The creative, described by the importer as "eye-catching and stylish", focuses on the distinctive bottle and "unique look" of Modelo Especial, with the tagline "Let It Be Served".
"Modelo Especial continues to be extremely popular among the Hispanic audience, especially those of Mexican descent," said Paul Verdu, vice president of marketing at Crown Imports, the 50-50 joint venture between Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands. "But the general market has been discovering the brand in recent years and we've experienced an explosion of sales growth. This new, English-language campaign marks the growing presence and expansion of this brand."
Modelo Especial, one of the fastest-growing imported beers on the market, is projected to sell more than 22.5m cases in 2007, up 14.5% year-on-year, Crown noted yesterday (20 February).
The campaign is scheduled to launch in the spring, with ads appearing in male-oriented print publications such as Men's Health, Esquire, Rolling Stone and Wired. In addition, the campaign will feature outdoor elements and 15-second online animations.
Spain's premier wine region, Rioja, has been in heated debate over the addition of new white grape varieties to those allowed under the Rioja denomination. The introduction of several almost extinct l...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Constellation Brands is looking to sell some of its wine assets in Australia....
Molson Coors has posted a marked drop in profits for the first half of this year, as one-off charges made their presence felt....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Shares in SABMiller fell this morning (31 July) after the brewer said organic lager volumes dipped 1.6% in its first quarter....
Constellation Europe has added two new wines to its Hardys range in the UK as part of a GBP12m (US$23.8m) investment in the brand....
Grupo Modelo is likely to form a partnership with new Anheuser-Busch owner InBev, despite the Mexican brewer's insistence that it has several options available, analysts believe....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends