CORRECTION: Constellation's Mondavi job losses
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuring were made public in January.
We apologise for any misunderstanding. A corrected version of the story follows.
In a filing with the SEC yesterday, Constellation Brands said it had cut around 350 jobs as part of its restructuring programme for Robert Mondavi. The company consolidated some field sales and administrative offices.
Constellation bought the US wine company late last year for US$1.04bn.
The restructuring plan also included the termination of various contracts, Constellation said.
The company does not expect to close any production facilities during the restructuring, which it expects to complete by the end of fiscal 2006.
About US$70m will be spent on the restructuring, with some costs having been charged during the fourth quarter of the fiscal year to 28 February 2005. Constellation said that it will also charge some costs to fiscal 2006 results of operations.
Speculation over the weekend has suggested that Constellation may have to bid over 700p a share for Allied Domecq....
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
Fosters' A$3.2 billion takeover of Southcorp - now virtually assured with its sweetened bid - gives the brewing and wine group unassailable dominance of the Australian liquor market and further emphas...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research