AUS: Constellation's Hardys grape crush nosedives
The Hardy Wine Company, the Australian division of Constellation Brands, has reported a 24% reduction in its grape crush for 2007 as drought and frost slashed Australia's winegrape harvest.
Hardys crushed a total of 255,600 tonnes of wine grapes for the 2007 vintage, down from 336,000 tonnes in 2006 but still equivalent to 19% of the entire 2007 Australian harvest, estimated by the Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation to be 1.34m tonnes.
Hardys group chief winemaker Peter Dawson described the vintage today (27 April) as "extraordinary".
"Cool regions were hit hardest by the extreme seasonal conditions,'' he said. "Drought and frost resulted in some dismal yields, with the average in these regions being 45% lower than normal."
Following Constellation Brands' announcement yesterday (8 October) that it plans to acquire the South African winery Flagstone, Chris Losh fears that Flagstone's distinctive personality may be dulled ...
Constellation Europe has unveiled two additions to its Robert Mondavi portfolio in the UK....
Grupo Modelo has posted a marked lift in operating profits for the third quarter....
North Lake Wines is introducing new packaging for Marcus James, the leading Argentine wine brand in the US, this autumn....
Constellation Europe has lined up an acquisition to boost its presence in South Africa....
Constellation Brands has posted a healthy rise in Q2 profits, despite a marked dip in sales....
Constellation Brands has increased its board member positions from eight to nine....
Distell has confirmed the appointment of a marketing manager for its wine portfolio in the UK and Europe....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends