CHINA: Constellations Brands eyes ten-fold Robert Mondavi sales boost with China deal
Robert Mondavi is in line for expansion in China
Constellation Brands is to expand the Chinese distribution of its Robert Mondavi wine brand with a new partnership in the country.
The deal, with Beijing-based Vats Liquor, was announced today (26 March) in the south-western Chinese city of Chengdu. It will see Napa Valley's Robert Mondavi sold through the Vats Liquor network, which comprises around 500 shops across the country.
The new agreement aims to expand Mondavi sales by ten times, Constellation's senior VP of international, Philip Kingston, told just-drinks at ProWein 2014 in Düsseldorf this week.
“We already sell Mondavi in China in a small way but we can now use the leverage of the Vats network to get it into places we wouldn't be able to get to,” Kingston said. “They have a whole private market there where a lot of business is done and we just would have access to that without Vats.”
Kingston said the partnership will be “very long-term” and will strengthen Constellation's footprint in China over the coming decades.
Meanwhile, Constellation CEO Rob Sands said: “This strategic alignment with Vats Liquor is an exciting step forward in the execution of our international strategy, which is focused on establishing strong distribution of our powerful global wine and spirits brands in core markets around the world.”
Constellation's head winemaker told just-drinks this week that the Californian grape harvest could be down by 10% this year because of drought.
Constellation Brands, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compil...
The world’s second largest wine producer, Constellation Brands transformed its alcoholic drinks operations with the acquisition of Modelo’s US beer business in 2013. This profile considers strategies ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review