UK: Constellation Vincor buy gets UK okay
The Office of Fair Trading has deemed acceptable Constellation's purchase of Vincor.
The body said yesterday (14 June): "It has decided, on the information currently available to it, not to refer the acquisition … to the Competition Commission under the provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002."
Earlier this month, Constellation completed the acquisition of the Canada-based company, a transaction which cost Constellation C$1.227bn (US$1.1bn) or C$36.50 per common share. Including debt of C$344m, the total price equated to C$1.58bn.
In this month's Just the Answer, Gary Greenfield, managing director of Distell Europe, talks about South Africa's largest drinks company's international aspirations, not only for its flagship wine bra...
Last week, Constellation Europe released what it claimed was the most comprehensive study examining the behaviour and shopping attitudes of UK wine consumers. Olly Wehring sifts through the results an...
Anheuser-Busch has echoed InBev's excitement at the pair's tie-up in the US. The global brewers announced late last week that A-B will become the exclusive distributor of InBev's premium European beer...
New Zealand winemaker Kim Crawford has joined the board of Waipara Hills Wine Estate....
Grupo Modelo is ploughing US$520m into a new brewery in the north of Mexico....
Anheuser-Busch has seen its sales and earnings rebound during the first nine months of the year compared to 2005, despite slow volume growth across the industry....
The announcement that Rémy Cointreau has today (23 November) served notice on its position in global distribution network Maxxium Worldwide is a little puzzling. If we take the announcement at face va...
The amount spent on wine by UK consumers does not necessarily increase with age, according to research into the market....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research