UK: Constellation unveils second Hardys burst
Constellation Europe has unveiled the next phase of advertising for its Hardys wine brand in the UK.
The TV ad campaign, which starts on 17 September and runs until 14 October, will be supported by Hardys' ongoing sponsorship deal with Sky Box Office, the company said today (3 September).
The second wave of TV advertising will also be supported below-the-line for key trade channels and customers and will focus mainly on the Nottage Hill brand.
Clare Griffiths, VP European consumer marketing for Constellation Europe, said: "Hardys is the UK's biggest wine brand and it continues to bring so much to the wine category. The second phase of our advertising campaign will reassure consumers of the brand's number one status in a very fragmented category."
The activity is based on Constellation's consumer research programme 'Wine Nation' and specific Hardys' research to understand "what makes the consumer motivated, engaged and passionate about wine", the company said.
Constellation Europe recently added two new wines to its Hardys range in the UK as part of a GBP12m (US$23.8m) investment in the brand. Hardys Stamp Shuttles and Nottage Hill half bottles launched in July.
It is now more than a year and a half since Troy Christensen took the helm at Constellation Europe, the European division of the world's biggest wine company. Given the current state of the European m...
Constellation Brands posted a 30% drop in third-quarter net income this week and lowered its profit outlook, hit by the effects of the global downturn on its major markets. Michelle Russell assesses r...
US wine exports rose by 6% in value last year to pass the $1bn mark for the first time, new figures show....
The UK alcoholic drinks sector is braced for up to 80,000 job cuts and falling sales over the next four years, a new report has warned, as industry leaders ratchet up the pressure on the government's ...
A cocktail of higher taxes and recession is damaging wine sector growth in the UK and is threatening more job losses across the industry, figures from the Wine & Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) show....
A Christmas surge helped E&J Gallo's UK grow its core wine portfolio by 0.4% in volume and 2.4% in value last year, but pressure is growing from tax rises and recession....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Constellation Europe has officially opened its European bottling and warehousing hub in the UK, intended to increase efficiency and cut carbon emissions....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends