UK: Constellation to close Western Wines
UK wine importer and distributor Western Wines is set to close its offices in October following Constellation Brands' acquisition of parent company Vincor International in a US$1.3bn deal.
A spokesperson for Constellation Europe confirmed that Western Wines' Telford offices would close on 2 October, with the company's operations transferred to Constellation's offices in Guildford and Bristol.
The spokesperson could not comment on the number of redundancies incurred following the closure, or on whether any Western Wines employees would be offered alternative employment with Constellation Europe.
"Western Wines' products will be available to our customers and we are very excited about the potential for these product ranges in the market," said the spokesperson.
Founded in 1980 by Roger Gabb, Western Wines built up a portfolio of around 500 agency and owned brands, including South Africa's best-selling wine, Kumala. Chilean agency brand Cono Sur transferred to Concha y Toro UK in May.
Wine Evolution is taking place in Paris on 29-30 January and just-drinks is providing updates live from the event, which brings together the leading lights from the wine world to discuss matters at th...
US beer distributor Crown Imports has lined up a fresh print advertising campaign for German beer brand St. Pauli Girl....
The departure of John Grant to Hardy Wine Company earlier this month has coincided with three other senior departures at California's Jackson Family Wines. CFO John Bridendall, chief accounting office...
Baron Philippe de Rothschild has unveiled a website for its flagship Mouton Cadet brand....
Constellation Brands has lined up the acquisition of a premium Swedish vodka brand. The US-based drinks giant confirmed today (6 January) that it is set to buy Svedka vodka, from Guillaume Cuvelier an...
Constellation Brands has lined up a replacement for the outgoing president at Hardy Wine Company. John Grant will assume the position at the Australian wine unit, replacing David Woods, who is set to ...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Gambrinus Co. is giving up distribution of a second imported beer brand in the US....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018