UK: Constellation to close Western Wines
UK wine importer and distributor Western Wines is set to close its offices in October following Constellation Brands' acquisition of parent company Vincor International in a US$1.3bn deal.
A spokesperson for Constellation Europe confirmed that Western Wines' Telford offices would close on 2 October, with the company's operations transferred to Constellation's offices in Guildford and Bristol.
The spokesperson could not comment on the number of redundancies incurred following the closure, or on whether any Western Wines employees would be offered alternative employment with Constellation Europe.
"Western Wines' products will be available to our customers and we are very excited about the potential for these product ranges in the market," said the spokesperson.
Founded in 1980 by Roger Gabb, Western Wines built up a portfolio of around 500 agency and owned brands, including South Africa's best-selling wine, Kumala. Chilean agency brand Cono Sur transferred to Concha y Toro UK in May.
Wine Evolution is taking place in Paris on 29-30 January and just-drinks is providing updates live from the event, which brings together the leading lights from the wine world to discuss matters at th...
US beer distributor Crown Imports has lined up a fresh print advertising campaign for German beer brand St. Pauli Girl....
The departure of John Grant to Hardy Wine Company earlier this month has coincided with three other senior departures at California's Jackson Family Wines. CFO John Bridendall, chief accounting office...
Baron Philippe de Rothschild has unveiled a website for its flagship Mouton Cadet brand....
Constellation Brands has lined up the acquisition of a premium Swedish vodka brand. The US-based drinks giant confirmed today (6 January) that it is set to buy Svedka vodka, from Guillaume Cuvelier an...
Constellation Brands has lined up a replacement for the outgoing president at Hardy Wine Company. John Grant will assume the position at the Australian wine unit, replacing David Woods, who is set to ...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Gambrinus Co. is giving up distribution of a second imported beer brand in the US....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research