US: Constellation reorganises US operations
The world's largest wine company Constellation Wines has made strategic changes to its Canandaigua Wine Company (CWC), Pacific Wine Partners (PWP) and Batavia Wine Cellars (BWC) organisations in an effort to seek continued growth.
Effective March 1, 2004, a common platform of services will be provided by an umbrella entity known as Constellation Wines - US.
Within the new organisational structure CWC, PWP and BWC will continue to be responsible for managing separate sales and distribution networks and having their own identities and business strategies.
However, Constellation Wines - US will provide services such as channel management, finance, operations, human resources and legal services to the three companies, which, it is hoped, allow the group to leverage the combined scale of the businesses. Jose Fernandez will be the president and chief executive officer of Constellation Wines - US.
These changes will have no impact on Franciscan Estates, which encompasses some of the company's premier brands, including Simi, Quintessa, Estancia, Mount Veeder, Veramonte and Ravenswood. Franciscan Estates, headed by Jon Moramarco, will continue to operate independently.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review