US: Constellation net income up 18% in Q3
The results were ahead of analysts forecasts which had predicted earnings of around 68 cents per share. Third-quarter net sales rose by 5% to $738.4m.
For the first nine months of fiscal 2003, net income increased 23% and diluted earnings per share increased 16% to reach $1.63. These results were calculated on a comparable basis, excluding amortization of goodwill and indefinite lived intangible assets.
Richard Sands, chairman and chief executive officer of Constellation, said: "Constellation's sales and earnings this quarter were driven by growth in imported beer and solid popular and premium wine results. Despite a difficult economic environment, we continue to hit our earnings targets. Our balanced growth strategy continues to serve us well as we achieved our 19th consecutive quarter of double-digit earnings growth, a testament to our broad portfolio strategy."
Sands added: "Constellation's business remains strong and we are raising our full-year earnings per share guidance to $2.03 to $2.05. As we look to the future, Constellation remains well positioned in sectors with good long-term growth prospects. We are confident we can build on our growth track record and we continue to target mid-teens EPS growth."
Constellation has also raised its full-year earnings forecast from between $2.00 and $2.04 to between $2.03 and $2.05 per share. "We are confident we can build on our growth track record and we continue to target mid-teens EPS (earnings per share) growth," said Sands.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets