US: Constellation names Hardy Wines president
Constellation Brands has lined up a replacement for the outgoing president at Hardy Wine Company.
The US drinks giant announced yesterday (4 February) that John Grant will assume the position at the Australian wine unit, replacing David Woods, who is set to retire in June. Grant, 47, will be based at the unit's headquarters near Adelaide and will report to Constellation International's new CEO, Jon Moramarco.
Grant joins Hardy from California's Jackson Wine Estates, where he was most recently executive vice president for strategy and business development. Of Australian origin, Grant has also worked for Southcorp, Lion Nathan Brewing, Tasmanian Brewing Company and Foster's.
"We're extremely pleased to have John Grant join Constellation's wine organisation in Australia because he brings a wealth of valuable international beverage experience to the position," said Constellation Brands' president and COO, Rob Sands.
"John will become a member of an outstanding team of Hardy Wine Company professionals, and his leadership will be a terrific fit in an organisation known for its wine production, marketing and sales excellence."
Earlier this year, Hardy warned that the effect of droughts and frosts would lead to this year's harvest coming in at around 20% on 2006.
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
Molson Canada is set to close one of its breweries in the country....
Lion Nathan today reconfirmed its full year guidance for net profit on the back of a small increase in beer sale volumes for the first nine months....
The CEO of niche Australian brewer Little World Beverages has resigned from the business....
Scottish & Newcastle has promoted its UK innovations director to the position of marketing manager....
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing....
Bibendum has added two new single-estate English wines that use the company's north London home as a namesake....
Miller Brewing Company has announced that its Hispanic agency of record for its Miller Lite brand will be Lopez Negrete....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets