US: Constellation looks to exchange senior notes
Constellation Brands has launched an exchange offer for US$700m-worth of senior notes.
The drinks company said yesterday (6 December) that it wants to exchange the 7.25% senior notes, which are registered under the Securities Act of 1933, for all $700m of its currently outstanding note, at the same percentage rate and due date of 2017, which are not registered under the act.
"The company will not receive any proceeds from the exchange offer, nor will the company's debt level change as a result of this exchange offer," Constellation said. "The terms of the exchange notes and the original notes are substantially identical in all material respects."
A net loss in the last fiscal year and the global credit crunch may have led some to believe that Constellation Brands' rampaging acquisitive growth strategy may have to be put on hold. In the second ...
Having blazed a trail in the world drinks market for some years, Constellation Brands suffered something of a reversal in its last fiscal year, recording a net loss of US$610. In this month's two-part...
The London International Wine Fair always offers a wide variety of exhibitors, including a healthy representation from less well-known regions. Chris Losh took the opportunity of last month's fair to ...
Earlier this month, we bade farewell to the godfather of California wine, Robert Gerald Mondavi, the man who transformed the wine industry and became an ambassador for the Napa Valley....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Constellation Europe is to "revitalise" its flagship South African brand Kumala with the help of new packaging and a larger bottle choice for its Core range, the company said today (2 June)....
Lion Nathan has secured a long-term import presence for its wine portfolio in the US. The trans-Tasman drinks company, which saw it previous US distributor, Beam Wine Estates, sell up to Constellation...
Constellation Europe is launching the premium South African wine brand Fish Hoek in the UK, the company announced today (30 May)....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015