FINLAND: Constellation lines up importer for Finland
Constellation Europe has signed an agreement with an importer in Finland, which will see the company expand into the on-trade in the country.
UK-based Constellation Europe confirmed to just-drinks today (3 October) that it will work with Servaali Oy in the country, starting from this week. Whereas previously, Constellation had sold directly to Finnish alcoholic drinks retailer Alko, a spokesperson for Constellation said the move had been made to branch into the Finnish on-trade.
Among the Constellation-owned brands that Servaali Oy will import are the South African wine brands Kumala and Flagstone, and the MezzoMondo wine brand from Italy.
"We are delighted to announce our new distribution agreement with Servaali to develop the Kumala brand in Finland," said Troy Christensen, CEO of Constellation Europe. "The move to Servaali will enable us to sell in the on-trade as well as the Alko shops."
Teemu Lehto, CEO of Servaali Oy, added: "The co-operation with Constellation Brands and Kumala is a significant step to the next level as a wine importer. The co-operation agreement with the world's biggest wine company emphasises Servaali's role as a quality player in premium beverage market."
Servaali Oy employs 35 staff in Finland and ten in the Baltic countries. The company is targeting sales in 2008 in the region of EUR20m (US$27.6m).
It is now more than a year and a half since Troy Christensen took the helm at Constellation Europe, the European division of the world's biggest wine company. Given the current state of the European m...
Constellation Europe is expanding its South African Kumala Cape Classics range with the launch of a 3L 'bag-in-box' format for the UK market....
Constellation Brands plans to cut 5% of its global workforce and has trimmed its earnings guidance for 2009 due to worse-than-expected performances for its wine businesses in the UK and Australia....
Constellation Brands has completed the sale of its "value" spirits business to Sazerac Co for a total of US$334m....
Crown Imports has added a new bottle size for Mexican beer brand Pacifico in the US....
Pernod Ricard UK has said that it has no plans to follow wine giants Constellation and E&J Gallo in cutting jobs in the UK....
Gaymer Cider Company has announced plans to up its investment in its music-related marketing campaign in the UK....
Corona Extra and Corona Light are to launch a grocery promotion in time for Mexican regional holiday Cinco de Mayo....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research