UK: Constellation launches new cider name
Constellation Europe has announced a new name for its cider operations in the UK. The company announced on Friday (15 October) that it has created the "Gaymer Cider Company" as part of its attempts to invigorate and drive forward the cider market in the UK and worldwide.
Speaking at the announcement last week, Constellation Europe's CEO, Christopher Carson said: "Cider is a category in need of leadership. (The Gaymer Cider Company) is a fundamental part of the Constellation business we are building.
"This identity has tradition and heritage, key elements of the unique appeal of cider," Carson added. "However, what is vital for us is that with this announcement we signal our intent to take a fresh new approach to cider. We aim to develop new market and new opportunities for the products."
The first new product to be unveiled will be Orchard Reserve - Stewley, a premium cider produced using the fruit from a single orchard. Other new products are in development and will be presented early next year.
Financial details for the new creation were not disclosed.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World