US: Constellation keeps keen eye on acquisition targets
Constellation Brands' CEO has described the drinks industry landscape as "a pretty target-rich environment".
Richard Sands was quoted by the news agency Reuters yesterday (10 November) discussing the possibility that the Swedish government will sell off the state-owned spirits producer Vin & Sprit, which owns Absolut.
"The Swedish market itself is one of those expansion markets so the wine and spirits distribution within Sweden ... the brands distributed in Sweden ... and brands like Absolut that are produced in Sweden certainly have an interest to us," Sands said.
"But that's just one out of many potential opportunities," Sands added. "The other ones aren't as public. It's a pretty target-rich environment."
Reuters reported that Sweden is among 14 European countries where Constellation plans to expand its markets.
The decision by Constellation to sell half of its UK distribution company Matthew Clark to Punch Taverns and form a joint venture with the pub retailer has left many in the industry scratching their h...
The R.H. Phillips Vineyard has released a line of wines to commemorate the winery's tradition of harvesting at night....
Crown Imports has appointed a new director of business information to the group....
Vin & Sprit has lined up a fresh global advertising campaign for its Absolut vodka brand....
V&S Group has reported double digit growth in both operating profit and profit after tax in its first quarter, despite a fall in net sales, which were hit by exchange rate fluctuations...
The Hardy Wine Company, the Australian division of Constellation Brands, has reported a 24% reduction in its grape crush for 2007 as drought and frost slashed Australia's winegrape harvest....
Belvédère has completed its purchase of Florida Distillers Company from V&S Group....
Constellation Europe will be making fortified wine brand, Rubis, available to on-trade retailers....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research