EUR: Constellation in premium push
Constellation Europe is planning to increase the focus and support behind its premium wine portofolio during the coming year, the European arm of the US-based wines and spirits force has announced.
Constellation said yesterday (3 March) that 2008 would see it "significantly increase its focus and the resource behind its premium wine portfolio and capitalise on its unrivalled access to its wine makers across the globe".
With the recent acquisition of South African Flagstone Winery, Constellation's premium portfolio now encompasses all major New World wine-producing countries.
Working with its distributors Matthew Clark, Wine Studio, Liberty Wines and Whittaker Wines, Constellation said that the approach would allow for a greater level of support and focus for each winery.
"Premium wines and premiumisation are critical to the long-term success of the wine category as a whole," said Simon Thorpe, vice president at Constellation Europe. "The premium wine category has seen double-digit growth for the last three years proving its importance to the industry and through the launch of our Premium Wine Estates, we are committed to both supporting and growing the premium wine category by bringing its new portfolio to a broader customer and consumer audience."
Spain's premier wine region, Rioja, has been in heated debate over the addition of new white grape varieties to those allowed under the Rioja denomination. The introduction of several almost extinct l...
Wines from Rioja has launched a new generic advertising campaign in the UK....
The US is on course to be the world's biggest wine consumer by 2010, as consumption continues to grow ahead of the global average, according to new research....
Skyy Spirits has poached a former Constellation Brands executive to head up the brand management of its namesake vodka brand....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Constellation Brands is looking to sell some of its wine assets in Australia....
Spain will dethrone France as the world's leading wine producer by 2015, according to a study French social research body, CREDOC (Centre de Recherche pour l'Etude et l'Observation des Conditions de V...
Constellation Europe has added two new wines to its Hardys range in the UK as part of a GBP12m (US$23.8m) investment in the brand....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages