UK: Constellation hits back at Diageo – report
Constellation Brands is looking to add to its Stone's Ginger Wine brand in the UK, according to reports.
Marketing Week said yesterday (5 January) that the company is developing Stone's Summer Cup to go up against Pimm's in the summer, long drinks sector.
The trade magazine suggests that the move is in retaliation to Diageo's relaunch of brandy-based Pimm's No.3 Cup last year. Both Pimm's No.3 and Stone's Ginger Wine are supposed to be drunk warm in the winter.
When contacted by Marketing Week, a spokesperson for Constellation in the UK was unable to provide further details on the move. A spokesperson for Constellation Brands declined to comment on the matter to just-drinks today.
Constellation Brands has reported record net sales and net income for its full year, despite a tough fourth quarter, in which it was hit by acquisition costs....
Whiskey sales in South Korea took another mauling in the first quarter of this year, according to industry sources....
Frescobaldi has bought out Constellation from its joint venture, according to press reports....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts