CANADA: Constellation gets anti-trust ok on Vincor
Constellation Brands has been given final clearance by Canadian competition authorities for its acquisition of wine producer Vincor International.
The Investment Review Division of Industry Canada and Canada's Competition Bureau have confirmed that no further filings or approvals will be necessary.
The US wine giant had its improved C$36.50 (US$31.05) bid accepted by Vincor's board of directors last week (3 April), after months of negotiations.
Constellation was granted initial approval and given a 'no action' letter from the Competition Bureau, in November last year. The company now does not expect any regulatory obstacle to halt the Vincor transaction.
To seal approval, Constellation has agreed to support the growth of Vincor's Canadian business domestically and internationally, maintain existing wineries, warehouses, vineyards and Wine Rack retail shops in Canada, and keep virtually the same management teams at those facilities.
Vincor's shareholder vote on the acquisition is scheduled for 1 June, with the transaction scheduled for closure within a week of this date.
Pernod Ricard's £7.4 billion takeover of Allied Domecq is the biggest drinks deal since the Seagram sell-off, in which it also played a part, and means the acquisitive French conglomerate will double ...
Constellation Europe is to launch a new wine brand in the UK. Four Emus, from South Australia, will retail around of GBP5.99 and be bottled in screwcap....
Speculation over the weekend has suggested that Constellation may have to bid over 700p a share for Allied Domecq....
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages