US: Constellation eyes further acquisitions
According to a report by the news agency Reuters, CEO Richard Sands said the company will look at businesses that help it expand in Europe, boost its portfolio of premium spirits, and fill out its wine portfolio around the world.
The newly installed CEO of the world's largest wine company added that he expected to make smaller bolt on acquisitions to fill holes in the wine portfolio, rather than pursue the kind of billion dollar deals the company has secured in recent years.
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Constellation Brands has completed the acquisition of the Fortune Brands' US wine portfolio....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
Hardy Wine Co. is set to reduce the amount of grapes it takes from its Sunraysia growers in north-west Victoria, Australia, according to local reports....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Pernod Ricard has kept quiet over speculation that it plans to buy a Ukrainian vodka brand....
Constellation Brands has launched an exchange offer for US$700m-worth of senior notes....
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO