Product launch – UK: Constellation Europe's Gran Tierra
Gran Tierra from Constellation Europe
Category - Wine, Chile
Available - From 1 October
Location - UK off-trade: convenience - Musgrave (Budgens), Spar, Nisa, Iceland, Co-Op. Cash & carry - Makro, Todays, Landmark, Booker
Price - Ranging between GBP3.99 (US$6.62) and GBP7.99 per bottle
Distribution - Constellation Europe
The range includes: A Core Range of Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Rosé and Cabernet Sauvignon, at GBP5.99 per bottle; Entry-level blends of 'Smooth Red' and 'Crisp White' at GBP3.99 per bottle, and blends of Cabernet Sauvignon Carmenere and Chardonnay Viognier at GBP7.99 each.
Earlier this month, Constellation launched a promotion for its South African wine brand Kumala in the UK, on the back of the brand's current sponsorship of Channel 4's Come Dine With Me programme.
E&J Gallo Winery will continue trimming back its range in the UK in 2010, as the trend for promotions and a "savage" tax on wine make the country a tough place to do business....
Wine importer and distributor Winebow has appointed the former CEO of Constellation Brands' international division as its president....
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down