UK: Constellation Europe unveils 'stylish' Aus wine in on-trade
Constellation Europe has unveiled an Australian wine range targeting the UK 'style' on-trade.
The company said today (15 May) that Melbourne Lounge will aim specifically at the style bar and high street sector in the country. The brand is now available as a Cabernet Merlot blend, a Chardonnay Pinot Grigio blend, and a rosé, with a view to appealing to female consumers aged between 25 and 35.
Melbourne Lounge will roll-out in the off-trade multiple and specialist off-licence sectors from August, and will be supported by a GBP3m (US$5.9m) marketing spend, including outdoor and national press advertising later this year. The campaign will run in female, fashion-focussed publications, as well as including a consumer website launch.
"The style bar sector is largely an untapped opportunity for wine and we believe this is because in that environment and occasion, few wine brands match up," said Clare Griffiths, VP of brands marketing at Constellation Europe. Melbourne Lounge taps into contemporary Australian urban lifestyle in terms of its variants, its featured text and the look and feels of its labels. The label text focuses on the occasions a glass of Melbourne Lounge is perfect, for example, on the deck on a late summer evening, watching the sun go down with a perfectly chilled glass of white wine."
Following Constellation Brands' announcement yesterday (8 October) that it plans to acquire the South African winery Flagstone, Chris Losh fears that Flagstone's distinctive personality may be dulled ...
Mexican beer brand Corona Extra has entered a long-term exclusive sponsorship deal with country music star Kenny Chesney, the brand's US importer has announced....
Hardys has teamed up with the Australian Film Institute in a two-year partnership for the L'Oréal Paris AFI Awards....
Constellation Europe has unveiled two additions to its Robert Mondavi portfolio in the UK....
Grupo Modelo has posted a marked lift in operating profits for the third quarter....
North Lake Wines is introducing new packaging for Marcus James, the leading Argentine wine brand in the US, this autumn....
Constellation Europe has lined up an acquisition to boost its presence in South Africa....
Constellation Brands has posted a healthy rise in Q2 profits, despite a marked dip in sales....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US