UK: Constellation Europe revamps Da Luca wine
Da Luca gets a makeover
Constellation Europe is seeking to capitalise on growing demand for higher priced Italian wine in the UK by revamping the packaging for its Da Luca range in the country.
The company is rolling out new-look Da Luca packaging to more greatly emphasise the brand's quality and Italian provenance.
The Da Luca range is sold for GBP6.99 (US$10.50) per bottle at upmarket retailer Waitrose and Constellation said that it is looking to take advantage of a surge in demand for Italian wine in this price bracket in the UK.
The firm has also added a Rosado to the existing range of Pinot Grigio and Primitivo Merlot, in order to profit from consumers' growing thirst for rosé wines.
Da Luca's new packaging is also being launched in Norway, Denmark and Finland, which are emerging markets for the range.
Commenting on the timing of the move, a spokesperson for Constellation told just-drinks today (30 June): "Constellation felt that with Italian wine of Da Luca's quality already proving popular with consumers, the time was right to reinforce that positive sentiment with a packaging design that would achieve better stand out in display."
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2010....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China