UK: Constellation Europe launches Echo Falls Chilean range
Constellation Europe, the division of California wine giant Constellation Brands, is expanding its Echo Falls wine brand to include wines from Chile.
Echo Falls Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz will be added to the brand's range in the UK, Constellation Europe announced today (13 May) at the London International Wine Fair.
"The move is a first for Constellation Europe, which at present has no mainstream Chilean brand," said the firm, which has tagged the wines with a recommended retail price of GBP5.49.
Constellation said that it aims to bring new and younger consumers into the Chilean wine category in the UK. "The Chilean category is currently underperforming in the UK and its customer base is older with a distinctive male bias," it said.
Echo Falls, which has made its name with Californian varieties, is growing in value by 23% year-on-year, Constellation said, citing Nielsen figures.
Constellation Brands' announcement that it could merge or sell parts of its UK and Australian wine business raised more questions than it answered, but the move makes sense in an operating environment...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Constellation Brands is looking into the possibility of merging a portion of its Australian business with Australian Vintage Ltd. The move is one of a number of opportunities the drinks giant is consi...
Grupo Modelo, the Mexico-based brewer, has survived a slip in beer export volumes to report solid rises in net sales and earnings for the third quarter of 2009....
The European arm of Constellation Brands has readied a consumer competition in time for Christmas for its Stone's Original green ginger wine brand in the UK....
The former CEO of Constellation Brands' international division has joined wine business advisory firm Wine Colleagues....
Constellation Europe has launched an on-pack promotion for its Babycham brand for the Christmas season in the UK....
The UK distribution arm of Constellation Europe, Matthew Clark, has teamed up with online wine and spirits outlet thepurveyor.com in the UK....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends