UK: Constellation Europe launches Blackthorn push
Constellation Europe is launching a TV advertising campaign this summer for Blackthorn cider.
It is part of a GBP1m (US$1.8m) campaign using the strapline 'Welcome back to Blackthorn'. The advertisements launch in the South West of the UK, on 17 July, and in Scotland, on 1 August.
Major outdoor advertisements using the same theme will follow up the broadcasts. The marketing will also plug the phrase "there's no place like 'Thorn" in the South West, and "there's no place like Blackthorn" in Scotland.
John Mills, managing director for Constellation Europe arm Gaymer Cider Company said: "This is the first TV campaign for Blackthorn in six years. It reflects our confidence in the brand and our belief that Blackthorn has very considerable potential to recruit new consumers and to attract people who are re-discovering the brand."
The investment in Blackthorn takes Gaymer Cider Company's marketing spend this year in excess of GBP24m.
Norwegian wine and spirits group Arcus is mulling a takeover bid for Sweden's V&S Group, just-drinks can reveal....
Constellation Brands' Hardy Wine Company is expecting the poor Australian weather to reduce output this year by around 20%....
Constellation Brands has lowered its full-year earnings per share forecast on the back of revenue and margin pressures in the UK....
The US beer distribution joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands is to include the St. Pauli Girl and Tsingtao beer brands in its portfolio....
New Zealand wine producer Giesen Wines has invested NZ$3.5m (US$2.4m) on expanding its Blenheim winery and setting up a bottling plant in Christchurch....
Vincor Canada has secured a sponsorship deal with the country's Olympic and Paralympic Winter games in 2010....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
The chairman of Rémy Cointreau has insisted the French Champagne and spirits group is "not a takeover target"....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages