THE BALTICS: Constellation Europe favours Liviko Group for distribution
Constellation plumps for Liviko in the Baltics
The European arm of Constellation Brands has switched to Liviko Group to distribute three of its main wine brands in the Baltic states.
Liviko, which is based in Estonia, confirmed yesterday (21 January) that it will handle the distribution of the Hardys, Paul Masson and Robert Mondavi wine brands in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Valio had previously handled Hardys in all three nations, while Tridenns distributed Robert Mondavi and Paul Masson in Estonia and LDV dealt with Mondavi in Latvia.
Constellation has made the move to simplify its distribution footprint in the region, just-drinks has learnt.
“We have consolidated distribution for our key brands including Hardys and Robert Mondavi into AS Liviko who have a strong network across the Baltics," said Paul Koks, vice president of sales for Mainland Europe at Constellation Europe.
"Their reputation for brand-building, together with their focused distribution strategy will be a valuable addition to our network of distributors across mainland Europe.”
Liviko will also handle the distribution of Constellation's Nobilo and Echo Falls wine brands in the three states.
Liviko, which owns Viru Valge vodka, dominates the alcoholic drinks market in Estonia and has been building share in both neighbouring Latvia and Lithuania.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets