UK: Constellation Europe extends Banrock Station wine range
Constellation Europe is launching Semillon Sauvignon and Cabernet Merlot wines in the UK to support the growth of its Banrock Station brand in the country.
The variants, which extend Banrock's core range and are aimed at "wine-savvy young professionals", are available from this month in the country at a recommended retail price of GBP5.99 (US$9.70).
Separately, Constellation added that the entire Banrock range will be under screwcap as part of a relaunch next month.
Banrock Station is currently growing at 8% year-on-year by volume sales, according to Constellation Europe, which is a division of California-based Constellation Brands.
Wine sales slipped by 2% across the UK in 2008, according a report released this month by market research group Mintel.
Constellation said that the Banrock core range will also repackaged from July to emphasise the brand's environmental credentials.
A new label features a tree flowering from a wine bottle, reinforcing the tag line 'Good Earth - Fine Wine'. Constellation said that it has cut the weight of glass bottles used for Banrock and that the brand supports around 95 conservation projects worldwide.
Clare Griffiths, VP of European consumer marketing for Constellation Europe, said: "We know consumers buy into the idea of helping the earth with every glass of wine they enjoy and so the new look makes the environmental message more central to Banrock Station's identity and will improve stand-out on shelf for this GBP70m brand."
News that Grupo Modelo is suing Constellation Brands must raise questions about the two firms' ability to work together in the Crown Imports venture....
Constellation Brands' announcement that it could merge or sell parts of its UK and Australian wine business raised more questions than it answered, but the move makes sense in an operating environment...
Constellation Brands stock fell as much as 7% on Wednesday (16 December) as news broke of a legal battle with joint venture partner Grupo Modelo. Michelle Russell looks at the early fallout....
Irish drinks company C&C Group saw its share price jump nearly 9% this week following the announcement it has agreed to purchase the UK cider assets of Constellation Brands. Michelle Russell looks at ...
We all know that Diageo and Pernod Ricard have held all before them in the spirits sector for a number of years. But a new report from Rabobank has shed light on how they have done it, and what the re...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Constellation Brands has vowed to defend itself against a lawsuit filed by Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo over the amount of funding both firms have given to their Crown Imports joint venture....
Family-owned Australian winery Taylors Wines has transferred its New Zealand distribution to an independent wine agency....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly