AUS: Constellation denies cask wine exit
Constellation Wines Australia has dismissed reports that the company is withdrawing from the cask wine business.
Constellation's (CWAU) announcement today (14 November) follows recent media reports suggesting the future of the Australian cask wine category is in question.
A report by Citigroup Analysts said CWAU was one of two companies "strategically exiting" the market.
President of CWAU John Grant said that CWAU has no intention of withdrawing from the category, however.
"Whilst the cask wine category has been in slow decline over a number of years, it remains an important segment of the Australian wine market and is likely to enjoy a resurgence in times of economic downturn," said Grant.
"We look forward to continuing to offer our softpack wines to consumers both here and around the world for many years to come."
Grant said the overall softpack category represents around 43% of total Australian wine sales by volume and is a "significant" component of its domestic business.
"We recently introduced new tetra packaging through our convenient Banrock Station 'Ecomate' 1L range and we are continuing to offer innovation in this important category," Grant added.
"We have a firm and ongoing commitment to these products, enjoyed by loyal and discerning consumers around the world."
InterContinental Brands (ICB) has poached a senior executive from Constellation Europe to become its managing director....
Constellation Europe has revamped the packaging of its Hardys wine brand for the UK market....
The beer joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands in the US has announced a new advertising campaign for Modelo's Especial brand in the country....
Gaymer Cider Co, the division of Constellation Europe, has relaunched its premium cider portfolio in the UK....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Constellation Brands has announced that the president and CEO of its Constellation Services business, Andy Berk, is to retire....
Wine giant Constellation Brands has swung to a net loss of US$301m for its fiscal full-year and has warned that it faces more than $100m in charges over the next year as it looks to cut jobs and restr...
Gaymer Cider Company, a division of Constellation Europe, has received a backlash following the relaunch of its Blackthorn traditional cider....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research