AUS: Constellation cuts Aus jobs as UK operations expand
40 jobs go at Constellation Australia
Constellation Brands has confirmed 40 job losses in Australia, as it looks to expand its bottling operations in the UK.
The company's Australian unit confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (4 March) that 40 staff at the Reynella facility in South Australia have taken voluntary redundancy.
The move comes as Constellation plans to increase its in-market Australian wine bottling programme at its European bottling and warehousing hub Constellation Park, located in Avonmouth, near Bristol in the west of England.
“This expanded in-market bottling programme will improve our service and response times for UK and European customers, in addition to lessening the impact of fluctuating currencies and reducing our environmental footprint,” a spokesperson for Constellation in Australia told just-drinks.
The cuts at Reynella have come from the packaging, packaging maintenance, winery, laboratory and quality group functions. All personnel affected by the move have been offered exit assistance.
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
Scion Spirits has confirmed the appointment of Gemini Spirits & Wine as US importer for its cream liqueur, Coole Swan....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research