AUS: Constellation cuts Aus jobs as UK operations expand
40 jobs go at Constellation Australia
Constellation Brands has confirmed 40 job losses in Australia, as it looks to expand its bottling operations in the UK.
The company's Australian unit confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (4 March) that 40 staff at the Reynella facility in South Australia have taken voluntary redundancy.
The move comes as Constellation plans to increase its in-market Australian wine bottling programme at its European bottling and warehousing hub Constellation Park, located in Avonmouth, near Bristol in the west of England.
“This expanded in-market bottling programme will improve our service and response times for UK and European customers, in addition to lessening the impact of fluctuating currencies and reducing our environmental footprint,” a spokesperson for Constellation in Australia told just-drinks.
The cuts at Reynella have come from the packaging, packaging maintenance, winery, laboratory and quality group functions. All personnel affected by the move have been offered exit assistance.
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
Scion Spirits has confirmed the appointment of Gemini Spirits & Wine as US importer for its cream liqueur, Coole Swan....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future