UK: Constellation creates premium-focused position
Constellation Europe has created the new position of director for premium wine.
The European arm of Constellation Brands said yesterday (17 march) that Emma Nichols will assume the new post with immediate effect. Nichols joins the unit from UK wine retailer Oddbins, where she was the buying and marketing director. Prior to Oddbins, she worked as senior wine buyer for Safeway and as marketing manager at Vinoceros.
"This is a new role and underlines Constellation's commitment to growing its premium wine business," said Constellation Europe's vice president, Simon Thorpe. "Emma brings with her a wealth of experience and talent at the premium end of the wine industry."
Nichols added: "Constellation's premium wines have fantastic potential and I am delighted to be part of their commitment and exciting plans to grow the premium wine category by bringing its portfolio to a broader customer audience."
Earlier this month, the unit said it is planning to "significantly increase its focus and resources behind its premium wine portfolio and capitalise on its unrivalled access to its wine makers across the globe" this year.
Working with its distributors Matthew Clark, Wine Studio, Liberty Wines and Whittaker Wines, Constellation said that the approach would allow for a greater level of support and focus for each of its wineries.
Amidst the doom and despond of the economic downturn, Diageo demonstrated its power and resilience by turning in full-year sales and profit growth. In the first of a special, two-part just-drinks inte...
Spain's premier wine region, Rioja, has been in heated debate over the addition of new white grape varieties to those allowed under the Rioja denomination. The introduction of several almost extinct l...
Australian Vintage is expanding its UK team, with the appointments of three marketing executives....
Constellation Europe has announced a GBP5m marketing campaign to boost its South African Kumala wine brand in the UK....
Constellation Europe has unveiled the next phase of advertising for its Hardys wine brand in the UK....
The US is on course to be the world's biggest wine consumer by 2010, as consumption continues to grow ahead of the global average, according to new research....
Skyy Spirits has poached a former Constellation Brands executive to head up the brand management of its namesake vodka brand....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research