US: Constellation creates international unit to double sales
By Anne Brockhoff
Constellation Brands Inc. has created a new international unit as part of its drive to double sales in the next five years, the Fairport, New York-based company said Monday.
The new division, to be called Constellation International, will be based in Bristol, UK, and used to develop US exports and global business opportunities, Chief Executive Richards Sands said in a statement.
"This unified approach to international business development will also allow us to more efficiently enter other export markets and better research the global beverage alcohol world for transaction opportunities," Sands said.
Constellation's business has so far been confined to the US and the
UK, where its Matthew Clark unit is the country's biggest wine marketer.
The company, which distributes Grupo Modelo's Corona brands in the western half of the US posted net sales of US$2.4 billion in fiscal 2001.
Tim Kelly, formerly president of Diageo's Guiness/Bass Import Co. USA, will head the unit, Constellation said.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
The equity analyst Legg Mason has raised its fiscal 2006 EPS targets for the US drinks group Constellation Brands to US$3.18 from US$3.12, saying it believed the company's attractive growth profile re...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends