USA: Constellation buys Ravenswood Winery for $148m
Constellation intends to finance the deal with up to one-third equity capital and the balance with debt. The company said the transaction and its related financings are expected to be neutral to earnings in Constellation's fiscal year ending February 28, 2002.
Richard sands, chairman, CEO and president of Constellation said: "The addition of Ravenswood to our fine wine portfolio demonstrates Constellation's continued strategic investment in the fastest-growing segment of the beverage alcohol market.
"The acquisition of Ravenswood along with Franciscan Oakville Estate, Simi, Quintessa, Mount Veeder, Veramonte and Estancia gives us the most sought after fine wine portfolio."
For Ravenswood's latest 12 months ended 31 December 200 gross sales and volumes were approximately $37.9m and 444,000 cases, representing an increase of 30% and 25% respectively.
Reported earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) were $11.7m. the company estimates that for the 12 months up to 31 March 2001 this should rise to $12.5m.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
The equity analyst Legg Mason has raised its fiscal 2006 EPS targets for the US drinks group Constellation Brands to US$3.18 from US$3.12, saying it believed the company's attractive growth profile re...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets