USA: Constellation buys Ravenswood Winery for $148m
Constellation intends to finance the deal with up to one-third equity capital and the balance with debt. The company said the transaction and its related financings are expected to be neutral to earnings in Constellation's fiscal year ending February 28, 2002.
Richard sands, chairman, CEO and president of Constellation said: "The addition of Ravenswood to our fine wine portfolio demonstrates Constellation's continued strategic investment in the fastest-growing segment of the beverage alcohol market.
"The acquisition of Ravenswood along with Franciscan Oakville Estate, Simi, Quintessa, Mount Veeder, Veramonte and Estancia gives us the most sought after fine wine portfolio."
For Ravenswood's latest 12 months ended 31 December 200 gross sales and volumes were approximately $37.9m and 444,000 cases, representing an increase of 30% and 25% respectively.
Reported earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) were $11.7m. the company estimates that for the 12 months up to 31 March 2001 this should rise to $12.5m.
Companies: Constellation Brands
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
The equity analyst Legg Mason has raised its fiscal 2006 EPS targets for the US drinks group Constellation Brands to US$3.18 from US$3.12, saying it believed the company's attractive growth profile re...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020