US: Constellation Brands unveils US$20m expansion
Demand has grown for Constellation
Constellation Brands is to invest US$20m in its Californian wineries to help keep pace with demand for its premium lines.
The investment will expand its growing, crushing, fermenting, storing and bottling capacities in the US state, Constellation said today (26 September). “The need for more land, fermenters, tanks and bottling lines is a direct result of the success of our brands,” said Jay Wright, president of Constellation's wine & spirits division.
Constellation’s premium portfolio, which includes Rex Goliath, Black Box, Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi, Clos du Bois and Mark West wines, has seen positive growth this year, Constellation said.
The expansion is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
Constellation said it intends to add 15 to 25 employees to accommodate the increased production and operations activities.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017