US: Constellation Brands to move HQ
Constellation Brands has announced plans to move its corporate headquarters from Woodcliff Office Park in Perinton to Victor in western New York's Finger Lakes wine region.
Speaking to just-drinks today (28 November), a spokesperson for Constellation, which last week acquired Fortune Brands' US wine operations, said that the company has outgrown the building it currently leases and found it did not have the space to expand.
The spokesperson said: "When we first leased the building in May 2004, we had 70 people working here, but now we have 154 corporate staff. We currently have people on a second site nearby. The increase of staff anticipated over the next three years will amount to around 28 positions. But the new building can house over 200 people."
"Development has not broken ground at the new HQ yet, but we expect that to happen in the next seven weeks. Then it will take 14 to 16 weeks to construct and is expected to be ready for the first quarter of 2009," the spokesperson added.
The US drinks group's corporate HQ will be made up of Constellation Brands workers, aside from a small portion of office space which will be tenanted by the building's developers, the company said.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair are products from Constellation, Diageo and Cocoa Farm. To keep track of all the LIWF news see our diary every day....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has announced plans to launch an off-trade promotion across the US this summer to "celebrate all things Asian"....
Fortune Brands has declared its regular cash dividend....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Fortune Brands has posted sliding sales and operating income for its first quarter, as the poor economic climate in the US hit home product sales....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed plans to end its distribution deal with Remy Cointreau across southern central European markets....
The head of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has said the company has "a lot of dry powder", and will consider other acquisitions following its failure to capture Vin & Sprit earlier this month....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review