US: Constellation Brands signs new distributor agreements
Constellation has signed "multi-year"deals with four companies
Constellation Brands has taken a step further in its bid to simplify its distribution network by signing "multi-year" agreements with four companies.
The firm announced today (18 May) it has agreed deals with Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC), Young's Market Company, Johnson Brothers and Horizon Beverage Company. As a result, it expects to grow the busines through these "expanded relationships", it said.
"The signing of these new agreements represents our continued focus on creating efficiencies and developing consolidated points of contact for our distributors and brokers to ensure our products are in the right place and receive the attention they deserve," said Rob Sands, Constellation Brands' president & CEO.
It is part of the second phase of a distribution transition which began in 2009, and will now represent nearly 70% of the company's total US wine and spirits business.
"We are very pleased to continue to drive our product portfolio into the marketplace in an efficient manner and expect to grow the business through these expanded relationships," added Sands.
Last month, the company reported a 20% rise in full-year net profits.
Last week we ran the first part of an exclusive interview with Constellation Brands' CEO Rob Sands. In this second and final part here, Sands discusses the group's spirits portfolio, its pending move ...
The current CEO of Constellation Brands, Rob Sands, is only the group's third boss in its 67-year history - and he's been with the firm for 26 years. Clearly, then, he'll know a things or two about th...
Every year Robert Smiley, director of wine studies, dean and professor at UC Davis, surveys CEOs of several of the most prominent wineries in the US....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research