US: Constellation Brands renews RNDC distributor deals
Constellation is retaining RNDC until 2020 in the markets
The five-year agreements, which take effect in March 2015, give RNDC exclusive rights to sell Constellation's wine and spirits portfolio in Colorado, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas and the District of Columbia. The new agreements extend a previous deal agreed in 2009, Constellation said.
Financial terms of the new deals were not disclosed.
Two other contracts for North and South Dakota, which began last year, will continue for their full five-year terms, Constellation added.
“We are thrilled to extend our relationship with RNDC to continue harnessing the power of our full portfolio into the marketplace and look forward to continued success together," said Rob Sands, Constellation's president & CEO.
In June, Constellation took full control of Grupo Modelo's US beer business in the wake of Anheuser-Busch InBev acquiring the Mexican brewer for US$20.1bn.
Grupo Modelo is the leading company in beer in Mexico and its strategic direction has always pointed to international consumers as well. A recent example of this is its objective for 2015 which is to ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Having already run his eye over an Anheuser-Busch InBev move for SABMiller, our beer commentator, Larry Nelson, runs through what alternatives the world's biggest brewer may consider to spend its mone...
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research