US: Constellation Brands promises to grow Modelo brands, hints at new products
Constellation is talking up the opportunity its sees from gaining 100% control of Crown Imports
In a letter, seen by just-drinks, Constellation's CEO & president, Rob Sands, says the company will have “full rights to create line extensions and new brands to continue to drive” the business. Sands said the deal to capture Crown is the “most transformational milestone” in Constellation's history.
“Constellation is uniquely positioned to be the 100% owner of Crown, and will continue investing to grow Corona and the Modelo portfolio in the US,” the letter reads.
Constellation has agreed to acquire the rights for Modelo's brands in the US if Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$201.bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo gets regulatory approval.
The New York-state based company has also agreed to acquire Modelo's Compañía Cervecera de Coahuila brewery, in Piedras Negras, Mexico. It plans to invest around $400m in the brewery. Sands said this will allow the company to supply “more than 100% of the US marketplace needs".
He added: “We are confident that our team’s experience in producing and moving hundreds of millions of cases of beverage alcohol annually, along with the experienced and highly-skilled Piedras Negras team and the three-year transition services agreement, have us well-positioned to successfully own and operate the Piedras Negras brewery.”
The company faced a period of uncertainty at the end of 2012 regarding its future in the midst of A-B InBev and Constellation Brands’ merger discussions. Eventually, in February 2013, all parties reac...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research