US: Constellation Brands promises to grow Modelo brands, hints at new products
Constellation is talking up the opportunity its sees from gaining 100% control of Crown Imports
In a letter, seen by just-drinks, Constellation's CEO & president, Rob Sands, says the company will have “full rights to create line extensions and new brands to continue to drive” the business. Sands said the deal to capture Crown is the “most transformational milestone” in Constellation's history.
“Constellation is uniquely positioned to be the 100% owner of Crown, and will continue investing to grow Corona and the Modelo portfolio in the US,” the letter reads.
Constellation has agreed to acquire the rights for Modelo's brands in the US if Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$201.bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo gets regulatory approval.
The New York-state based company has also agreed to acquire Modelo's Compañía Cervecera de Coahuila brewery, in Piedras Negras, Mexico. It plans to invest around $400m in the brewery. Sands said this will allow the company to supply “more than 100% of the US marketplace needs".
He added: “We are confident that our team’s experience in producing and moving hundreds of millions of cases of beverage alcohol annually, along with the experienced and highly-skilled Piedras Negras team and the three-year transition services agreement, have us well-positioned to successfully own and operate the Piedras Negras brewery.”
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China