Product Launch - US: Constellation Brands' Modelo Especial Chelada
Click through to view an image of the brand
Category – Beer, Chelada, 3.5% abv, 24-ounce can
Available – From this month
Location - Off-trade; California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Chicago from this month initially. Then, a national roll out in the first quarter of 2014
Price – SRP US$2.99 for a 24-ounce can
Distribution – Crown Imports
Crown Imports, Constellation Brands' US beer business, is launching its own Michelada brand this month.
Modelo Especial Chelada, with a 3.5% abv, combines the taste of the lager brand with tomato, salt and lime and comes in a 24-ounce can. It is a variation on a 'cerveza preparada', a Mexican beer mixed with tomato juice, hot sauce and salsa.
Crown Imports said the drink was “carefully crafted to deliver a true Mexican Chelada taste with the convenience consumers are seeking”.
It will initally launch in the off-trade in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Chicago, then roll-out nationally in the US next year.
Constellation Brands took full control of Crown Imports earlier this year, in the wake of Anheuser-Busch InBev's $20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo.
Craft Beer Market in the US 2012-2016
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...read more
At ProWein 2014, Andy Morton sat down with Constellation's international general manager Philip Kingston to talk about its expanding global ambitions including a new tie-up in China for its Robert Mon...
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research