US: Constellation Brands lines up Casa Noble Tequila buy
Financial details behind Constellation Brands' purchase of Casa Noble were not disclosed
Constellation Brands has announced its intention to purchase the Casa Noble Tequila brand.
The beer, wine and spirits company, which owns the Svedka vodka brand, will close the acquisition of Casa Noble “and related assets” next month. Financial details were not disclosed.
Constellation's CEO, Rob Sands, said: “As the first super premium spirits brand we'll add to our portfolio, Casa Noble is a natural fit. It complements our successful Mexican beer brands and we intend to leverage our existing strong routes-to-market, as well as our marketing expertise and deep knowledge of the Hispanic consumer.”
Otto Hoernig, CEO & chairman of Casa Noble Holdings, added: "The original co-founders of Casa Noble … David Ravandi, Carlos Hernandez and Jose Hermosillo created a truly elegant brand. Aligning with … Constellation Brands will enable the Casa Noble brand to continue to grow its position as one of the highest-rated, super-premium Tequila brands in the market.”
Hermosillo will join Constellation and has been charged with “overseeing the brand's operations and remaining the brand's most senior ambassador”.
Musician Carlos Santana has a seat on Casa Noble's board and is listed as one of the brand's owners.
The Casa Noble range comprises Crystal, Reposado and Añejo as well as limited production of several other "higher-end" Tequilas.
For further details on Casa Noble, click here.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
The Future of the Spirits Market in the United States to 2018
Summary • The Future of the Spirits Market in the United States to 2018 is the result of Canadean’s extensive market research covering the Spirits market in the United States. • The report presents d...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The world’s second largest wine producer, Constellation Brands transformed its alcoholic drinks operations with the acquisition of Modelo’s US beer business in 2013. This profile considers strategies ...
The G8 Spirits industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also c...
The NAFTA Wine industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018