US: Constellation Brands issues Corona recall over glass threat
The recall covers selected Corona Extra multi-packs
Constellation Brands has recalled some of its Corona Extra bottles in the US because they may contain glass particles.
The beer, spirits and wine producer said the voluntary recall covers 12oz clear bottles in selected six-packs, 12-packs and 19-packs int eh country. A routine inspection highlighted the threat after tests revealed defects that could cause small particles of glass to break off and fall into the bottles, Constellation said on Friday.
The bottles come from one of four glass plants run by an unnamed third-party manufacturer, with less than 1% of the plant's production affected, Constellation said.
“We are troubled by this development and are working with our distributors, retailers and consumers to resolve this situation as quickly as possible,” said Bill Hackett, president of Constellation's beer unit.
The recall follows news reports in June that the company had run out of glass bottles for its Corona brand. Constellation denied this at the time, and said the reason some retailers had suffered tightness in some Corona SKUs was down to high demand.
Constellation Brands, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compil...
Constellation Brands is the world’s second largest wine producer and, since the acquisition of Modelo’s US operations, the global leader in imported premium lager. This profile analyses the company’s ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets