BRAZIL: Constellation Brands hands distribution to Interfood Importação
Constellation is looking to the World Cup next year
Constellation Brands is consolidating distribution of its premium brands in Brazil in a deal with Interfood Importação.
The brands were previously controlled by a number of distributors, a Constellation spokesperson told just-drinks today (8 March), without naming them. “The agreement with Interfood, which is Brazil’s top importer on a volume basis, consolidates the distribution of our key brands into this growing market,” the spokesperson said.
Interfood will handle wine labels including Robert Mondavi and Kim Crawford, as well as Inniskillin Ice Wine and Svedka vodka, Constellation said.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Constellation is ramping up efforts in Brazil ahead of next year's World Cup and the Rio Olympic Games in 2016. The events “will boost demand for wine throughout the country and these agreements position both companies well,” Constellation said.
Constellation Brands this month reassured US distributors that it will continue investing in Grupo Modelo brands once it takes full control of Crown Imports. Constellation has agreed to acquire the rights for Modelo's brands in the US if Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$201.bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo gets regulatory approval.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research