BRAZIL: Constellation Brands hands distribution to Interfood Importação
Constellation is looking to the World Cup next year
Constellation Brands is consolidating distribution of its premium brands in Brazil in a deal with Interfood Importação.
The brands were previously controlled by a number of distributors, a Constellation spokesperson told just-drinks today (8 March), without naming them. “The agreement with Interfood, which is Brazil’s top importer on a volume basis, consolidates the distribution of our key brands into this growing market,” the spokesperson said.
Interfood will handle wine labels including Robert Mondavi and Kim Crawford, as well as Inniskillin Ice Wine and Svedka vodka, Constellation said.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Constellation is ramping up efforts in Brazil ahead of next year's World Cup and the Rio Olympic Games in 2016. The events “will boost demand for wine throughout the country and these agreements position both companies well,” Constellation said.
Constellation Brands this month reassured US distributors that it will continue investing in Grupo Modelo brands once it takes full control of Crown Imports. Constellation has agreed to acquire the rights for Modelo's brands in the US if Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$201.bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo gets regulatory approval.
Sonae SGPS will continue to defend its leading position in retailing in Portugal, as well as making significant international investments. In Portugal, it is expected that the group will capitalise on...
The company faced a period of uncertainty at the end of 2012 regarding its future in the midst of A-B InBev and Constellation Brands’ merger discussions. Eventually, in February 2013, all parties reac...
Frigorífico Modelo SA is engaged in a wide range of activities, including the production of fruit/vegetable juice; however, this is not the company’s main focus. In terms of its fruit/vegetable juice ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review