BRAZIL: Constellation Brands hands distribution to Interfood Importação
Constellation is looking to the World Cup next year
Constellation Brands is consolidating distribution of its premium brands in Brazil in a deal with Interfood Importação.
The brands were previously controlled by a number of distributors, a Constellation spokesperson told just-drinks today (8 March), without naming them. “The agreement with Interfood, which is Brazil’s top importer on a volume basis, consolidates the distribution of our key brands into this growing market,” the spokesperson said.
Interfood will handle wine labels including Robert Mondavi and Kim Crawford, as well as Inniskillin Ice Wine and Svedka vodka, Constellation said.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Constellation is ramping up efforts in Brazil ahead of next year's World Cup and the Rio Olympic Games in 2016. The events “will boost demand for wine throughout the country and these agreements position both companies well,” Constellation said.
Constellation Brands this month reassured US distributors that it will continue investing in Grupo Modelo brands once it takes full control of Crown Imports. Constellation has agreed to acquire the rights for Modelo's brands in the US if Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$201.bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo gets regulatory approval.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research