US: Constellation Brands expands Corona Extra recall
Constellation Brands has broadened the recall
Constellation Brands has widened its US recall of Corona Extra bottles that may contain fragments of glass.
The company said on Saturday it has lengthened the list of production codes consumers should look for, following an initial recall earlier this month. The recall covers packages of Corona Extra in 12oz bottles sold in six-, 12- and 18-pack packages, as some bottles “may contain small particles of glass”.
However, the firm said it still believes that the recall affects less than 1% of the bottles produced by one of its four glass suppliers.
The New York state-based company also flagged that it has had “no reports of consumers being injured by drinking potentially affected bottles”.
Constellation took on exclusive rights to Grupo Modelo's beer brands in the US last year, in the wake of Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20bn capture of the Mexican brewer.
To read an exclusive just-drinks analysis of the glass recall situation, click here
For the full list of affected products, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Brazil still offers a tremendous amount of opportunity, according to Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO Carlos Brito. ...
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of ...
The G8 Spirits industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also c...
Today, Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a slight lift in half-year profits on disappointing sales and volumes. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's performance in its global markets:...
Beer in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review