US: Constellation Brands expands Corona Extra recall
Constellation Brands has broadened the recall
Constellation Brands has widened its US recall of Corona Extra bottles that may contain fragments of glass.
The company said on Saturday it has lengthened the list of production codes consumers should look for, following an initial recall earlier this month. The recall covers packages of Corona Extra in 12oz bottles sold in six-, 12- and 18-pack packages, as some bottles “may contain small particles of glass”.
However, the firm said it still believes that the recall affects less than 1% of the bottles produced by one of its four glass suppliers.
The New York state-based company also flagged that it has had “no reports of consumers being injured by drinking potentially affected bottles”.
Constellation took on exclusive rights to Grupo Modelo's beer brands in the US last year, in the wake of Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20bn capture of the Mexican brewer.
To read an exclusive just-drinks analysis of the glass recall situation, click here
For the full list of affected products, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Brazil still offers a tremendous amount of opportunity, according to Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO Carlos Brito. ...
Advertising campaigns to combat declines of core mid-priced domestic lagers, Budweiser and Bud Light, are anticipated to continue given their success in 2014 and early 2015. Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B ...
Alcoholic Drinks in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
Today, Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a slight lift in half-year profits on disappointing sales and volumes. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's performance in its global markets:...
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of ...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India