US: Constellation Brands exec to retire
Constellation Brands has announced that the president and CEO of its Constellation Services business, Andy Berk, is to retire.
Berk, who is also a member of the California wine giant's executive management committee, will stand down on 31 May, Constellation said late last week.
Constellation Services provides support services to Crown Imports, Constellation's US joint venture with Mexico-based Grupo Modelo.
Berk will remain as a consultant for one year and continue to serve on Crown Imports' board of directors, Constellation said.
Following Berk's departure, the Constellation Services management team will report to Constellation's executive board.
Berk joined beer group Barton Incorporated in 1990 as president and chief operating officer, and continued in that role after Barton merged with Constellation Brands in 1993. He was named president and CEO of Barton Incorporated in 1998 and appointed CEO of Constellation Beers and Spirits in 2003.
We can all breathe out again now. The economic downturn is over. What do we have as proof? Why, it's a reawakening of the mergers & acquisitions game....
Fomento Economico Mexicano has confirmed that it is in discussions to "explore opportunities" involving its beer business....
Constellation Brands has said that its global cost savings programme is ahead of expectations and that new distributor contracts in the US will improve sales at its North American wine division....
Constellation Brands has posted a dip in sales but a healthy rise in profits for its fiscal first-half....
Constellation Brands, the California-based wine giant, will report its second quarter results on Thursday (1 October)....
Hardys is to sponsor the UK's Channel 4 television show "Come Dine With me" in the 12-week lead up to Christmas....
Gran Tierra from Constellation Europe...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research