US: Constellation Brands confirms Modelo Especial Chelada roll-out
Click through to view Modelo Especial Chelada
Constellation Brands has expanded the US roll-out of Modelo Especial Chelada.
The company's beer division, Crown Imports, said today (2 April) that distribution of the brand has been extended, following a “successful” launch in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Chicago in October. The 3.5% abv drink, which comes in a 24oz can, is a mix of Modelo lager with tomato, salt and lime.
It is a variation on a 'cerveza preparada', a Mexican beer mixed with tomato juice, hot sauce and salsa.
Jim Sabia, CMO of Constellation's beer division, said the product "meets our consumers' thirst for an invigorating, authentic Chelada".
Constellation took full control of Crown Imports last year, in the wake of Anheuser-Busch InBev's $20.1bn acquisition of Mexico's Grupo Modelo.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report