US: Constellation Brands confirms Modelo Especial Chelada roll-out
Click through to view Modelo Especial Chelada
Constellation Brands has expanded the US roll-out of Modelo Especial Chelada.
The company's beer division, Crown Imports, said today (2 April) that distribution of the brand has been extended, following a “successful” launch in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Chicago in October. The 3.5% abv drink, which comes in a 24oz can, is a mix of Modelo lager with tomato, salt and lime.
It is a variation on a 'cerveza preparada', a Mexican beer mixed with tomato juice, hot sauce and salsa.
Jim Sabia, CMO of Constellation's beer division, said the product "meets our consumers' thirst for an invigorating, authentic Chelada".
Constellation took full control of Crown Imports last year, in the wake of Anheuser-Busch InBev's $20.1bn acquisition of Mexico's Grupo Modelo.
Constellation Brands has enjoyed quite a honeymoon period since taking full control of Grupo Modelo's brands in the US. ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The glass most definitely looks half full for Constellation Brands at the moment. ...
The world’s second largest wine producer, Constellation Brands transformed its alcoholic drinks operations with the acquisition of Modelo’s US beer business in 2013. This profile considers strategies ...
Alcoholic Drinks in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). Th...
Wine in Hong Kong industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018