US: Constellation Brands CMO to chair Wine Institute board
Constellation will be represented at the top of the Wine Institute board
Constellation Brands' marketing head has been elected chair of the Wine Institute's board of directors.
Chris Fehrnstrom replaces Heitz Wine Cellars president, Kathleen Heitz Meyers, on the Californian wine advocacy group, Constellation said today (14 June). “Our passion for this industry is unwavering and Wine Institute represents California's wine interests to policy makers with the goal of increasing exports,” Fehrnstrom said.
Fehrnstrom has been with Constellation since 2002, becoming CMO for the group in 2009. He previously worked for Wine.com as well as Domaine Chandon and E&J Gallo Winery.
Constellation last week completed the acquisition of Grupo Modelo's US beer business and one of its breweries from Anheuser-Busch InBev for US$4.75bn.
Sustainable packaging gets the just-drinks management briefing treatment in this, the fourth and final part of our look at environmental sustainability in the wine sector....
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research