US: Constellation Brands CMO to chair Wine Institute board
Constellation will be represented at the top of the Wine Institute board
Constellation Brands' marketing head has been elected chair of the Wine Institute's board of directors.
Chris Fehrnstrom replaces Heitz Wine Cellars president, Kathleen Heitz Meyers, on the Californian wine advocacy group, Constellation said today (14 June). “Our passion for this industry is unwavering and Wine Institute represents California's wine interests to policy makers with the goal of increasing exports,” Fehrnstrom said.
Fehrnstrom has been with Constellation since 2002, becoming CMO for the group in 2009. He previously worked for Wine.com as well as Domaine Chandon and E&J Gallo Winery.
Constellation last week completed the acquisition of Grupo Modelo's US beer business and one of its breweries from Anheuser-Busch InBev for US$4.75bn.
Sustainable packaging gets the just-drinks management briefing treatment in this, the fourth and final part of our look at environmental sustainability in the wine sector....
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends