AUS: Constellation Brands, Australian Vintage end merger talks
Constellation and Australian Vintage have left the table
Talks between Constellation Brands and Australian Vintage over a possible merger have closed, with the two firms deciding not to progress further.
Constellation and Australian Vintage, who opened talks back in November, confirmed late yesterday (7 April) that they “were not going to be successful in accomplishing” a mutually beneficial combination.
The companies had been looking at ways to merge their Australian and UK businesses, but noted yesterday that it was “in the best interest of Constellation and AVL” to discontinue the discussions.
“There were a number of goals both parties were attempting to accomplish through the combination,” said Constellation’s president and CEO, Rob Sands. “Over time, it became evident that despite both parties’ best efforts we were not going to be successful in accomplishing all these goals.”
Constellation will continue to operate its Australian and UK businesses, while AVP will also “continue to manage the business through the cycle and look at all opportunities as conditions improve”.
In August last year, Constellation began a "realignment" process of its European and Australian wine divisions, as the downturn started to bite.
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report