UPDATE - RUSSIA: Constellation Brands appoints sales head
Constellation Brands has said that Andrey Grumondz will be the wine giant's first sales director to be based in Russia, as it looks to boost wine sales in the country.
Constellation Europe told just-drinks today (17 September) that Grumondz will head its Russian operations, after confirming yesterday that it had set up a Russian base.
Grumondz, previously key account director for Diageo in Russia, will work alongside Constellation's Russian distributor, Whitehall.
"This appointment signals a long-term commitment by Constellation Europe to grow its distribution and sales volume in Russia," the firm said. Wine brands already distributed in Russia include Hardys, Robert Mondavi, Kumala and Nobilo.
Russia's wine market remains at the early stages of development, but grew at an average 20.6% per year between 2001 and 2006, according to figures from market research group Datamonitor.
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
UK wine merchant Paragon Vintners is to cease trading after struggling to cope with the effects of the economic downturn....
Two UK drinks containing vodka are being forced to re-brand following a complaint under the Portman Group's code of practice....
Australia's 70% take hike on ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages, or 'alcopops', hangs in the balance as the country's Senate prepares for a key vote on the issue....
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports that it could be sold by its parent company in the coming months....
Constellation Europe has launched a trade loyalty scheme for its Jack Rabbit wine brand in the UK....
Asif Adil, managing director of Diageo India, has left the company and will be replaced by Roland Abella, the drinks giant has said....
Gaymer Cider Co, the division of Constellation Europe, has relaunched its Blackthorn cider brand in the UK with a GBP1.5m marketing drive....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review