US: Constellation Brands appoints COO
Constellation Brands names Jay Wright as COO
Constellation Brands has appointed its first chief operating officer.
The Robert Mondavi winemaker said yesterday (1 June) that Jay Wright, its current president for North America, will assume the newly-created position with immediate effect.
"In his new role, Wright will provide unified leadership for marketing, sales and operations across the company's entire business," said Constellation. Earlier this year, the wine giant sold the bulk of its overseas operations, including Hardys, to CHAMP Private Equity. The US wine market is now central to its plans.
A spokesperson for Constellation told just-drinks that the group is not seeking to replace Wright in his previous position.
Wright has been president of Constellation North America since December 2009. He was previously president of Vincor International. Constellation acquired Canada-based Vincor for CAD1.58bn in June 2006.
The group said that Wright will continue to report to Constellation CEO Rob Sands. It did not publish any details regarding Wright's possible replacement in the North America role.
The announcement that John Dunsmore is set to vacate the CEO-ship of C&C Group at the end of this year means Dunsmore has not fulfilled the destiny we here at just-drinks had in mind for him. Unless, ...
Fortune Brands has turned itself into a standalone spirits company named Beam Inc. Here, just-drinks brings you stats on the company's sales and profits for wine and spirits since 2003....
The global wine industry remains highly fragmented. In a recent Euromonitor International global briefing, entitled 'How Wine Companies Can Become Global', Jeremy Cunnington looked at why, and whether...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets